IR: SoCal Mixtape -Year One RetrospectiveHey music junkie! First time here? Click over to http://insomniaradio.net/subscribe/ and get all of our content (tons of music) delivered for free. Enjoy your time here, and keep it loud!
Previous to the launch was a SoCal episode which Jason Evangelho, the main show host, used to smash a glass of Guinness over our prow and send us careening on our way. Michael Catanzaro of the San Diego regional show actually came up with the show name around that time, and the SoCal Sessions soon expanded into its own feed several months later.
This hourlong tape covers some of my favorites since last December, although definitely not all. It would have taken a few more volumes to hit that marker. Trust me, I had several folders of quality local music I had to ween down to put this together.
I would like to ask one thing for those who read this blog and enjoy some of what you’ve heard this past year. Please click on one of the band links below and either a) leave a nice comment or b) purchase a track. In doing so I’m sure you’ll make someone’s day and possibly even inspire some more great music to be created in the future. Consider this small gesture our year-end fundraising drive for local artists who’ve supported us.
Thanks for all the support; more great music on the way soon!
1) The Power Cords – Bunsen Burner
2) Space Mtn – Hovercraft
3) The Black Watch – The Angels Just Might Be On Her Side
4) Cerulean – Like Fading Stars
5) Letting Up Despite Great Faults – Maybe I’ll Hide With You
6) The Coral Sea – Look at Her Face
7) Moving to France – The Boom Boom Sound
8 ) Mezzanine Owls – Lightbulb
9) Sunday Drivers – Endless Summer
10) Lost in Los Angeles – All Roads Lead to You
11) Nico Stai – The Song of Shine & Shame
12) Weather Underground – Illumination
13) The Hectors – Cold Star (new mix!)
14) The Front – Panic
15) Immune – In Your Place
16) Canon – Alive
All songs and background music played in the past year has been done with the express permission of the artists involved.
Photo courtesy of BillSmith1