IR: The SoCal Sessions #14 – Well… Slap My Ass and Call Me Catorce
Episode fourteen receives a Bitter:Sweet slap and enters the world on an electronic wave of bossa nova followed by a live Jazz Bakery performance by sweltering vocalist, Sara Gazarek.
Leo from the TLP show interviews rockin’ Florida artists Tailgunner Joe & The Earls of Slander, followed up with the Red Elvises belting out a fifties sounding romp about a devil woman on their ridiculously large Siberian guitars… very fun stuff.
Resident house band for the dead and damned, Serenading the Dead brings us their style of burlesque/vaudville music with a Zeppelin-esque classic that slides into Chance’s ‘Time Travel’, a beautiful foray into headphone polished sound, perfect for a night of self-reflection into the past or possibly even the future (with the right spirits in hand).
Oliver Future arrives from Austin, capturing the feeling of being transplanted to LA, with the bouncing ‘Happiness Machine’. We join up again with Yellow Thunder Woman and Robert Davey of the Bastard Fairies, listening to their Venomous Tale of deception, neccesity and love. The mid-July block party ends with Jubilee from the Willowz, definitely best heard while watching the Toben Seymour video filmed in LA… a light show putting the old Lazerium and Disney shows to shame.
The session ends with Ben Brooks & The Anger peforming ‘Bend’, a multi-layered demo that immediately captured our attention. We hope you enjoy these great songs and we will see you soon for a friends of the family type segment.
Adios los Bastardos.
1) Bitter:Sweet – Dirty Laundry | e-music
2) Sara Gazarek – Too Darn Hot (live) | e-music
3) *Mini-TLP 2 – Tailgunner Joe & The Earls of Slander – The Street | epk
4) Red Elvises – Red Lips, Red Eyes, Red Stockings | e-music
5) Serenading the Dead – She’s Not Tangible | snocap | cdbaby
6) Chance – Time Travel | buy
7) Oliver Future – Happiness Machine | e-music
8 ) The Bastard Fairies – A Venomous Tale | free album | buy
9) The Willowz – Jubilee | e-music
10) Ben Brooks & The Anger – Bend
*Out of area experience