IR: The SoCal Sessions #33 – Rarity
April’s assembly of thirteen local artists have all been in heavy rotation in my player in the last few months via work commutes, expeditions through the ice & snow, powder carving on top of the world, and while sitting in the dark, illuminated only by the glow of the computer monitor – headphones firmly glued to the cranium.
It’s actually been a crazy few months weatherwise, with the rare tendrils of snow (or graupel as a few local weather-snobs proclaimed) hitting the local Burbank area after a fifty to sixty or so year snow-drought. You’ll hear some crazy expletives at the head of the program in relation to this local action. On top of a record year in the Sierras a lot of rare events have been occurring, amongst some heavy heavy local burtations.
I hope you enjoy our 33rd full length episode.
TRT 58:41, NSFW
1) Foster the People – Helena Beat | Facebook
2) Pic Vicious – Heart of Hearts | Facebook
3) Ballerina Black – Leaves | Facebook
4) Oregon Bike Trails – High School Lover
5) The Smiles – Cala Cola | Facebook
6) Lord Huron – The Stranger | Facebook
7) Hands – Brave Motion | Facebook
8) Romany Rye – Untitled (Love Song) | Facebook
9) Saint Motel – Puzzle Pieces | Facebook
10) The Henry Clay People – California Wildfire | Facebook
11) Tic Tic Boom! – Just Friends | Facebook
12) Airlines – Burial Grounds | Facebook
13) Damon Castillo Band – Your Fool (feat. SLO Symphony) (live) | Facebook
MAIN SOUNDBEDS BY TAPE DECK MOUNTAIN (“P.I.” | “It Goes Down”) & MOGWAI (“San Pedro”)
GOODNIGHT BURBANK (WEBSITE | FACEBOOK)
MAIN IMAGE OF MAMMOTH BY LORD HURON
ASSOCIATION OF MUSIC PODCASTING