A Note From the creator of Insomnia Radio…
Well hey gang. It’s been forever. I trust you’re all still getting your dose of killer independent music as Charles, Stuart & crew are doing an amazing job here at IR. Me? I’ve started quite literally an entirely new life, new home, new careers. (yes, plural…you know me!)
The past few weeks have led to the culmination of a new network that just launched today: www.gamesareevil.com, which houses an international staff led by myself and Phil Coyne, who you may remember from Bitjobs and the original IR:UK, as well as Rob LeFebvre who handled design on the 4-issue KillYourFM Magazine. I know there are some passionate gamers in the house, and this message is for you…
I know what you’re thinking: “ANOTHER video game website?” The short answer: Yep!
The long answer goes something like this: The entire staff at GamesAreEvil HQ is on a mission to deliver honest, relevant, and fun videogame journalism. Sounds a bit cliche, right? Then let’s turn things upside down and get into the nitty gritty.
- We’re tired of linkbait-ridden websites forcing unconfirmed rumors down our throats three times daily. No more noise!
- We don’t plan on following the rules.
- No fanboys here: We go where the quality games are.
- We believe your time is valuable, and so is ours. If a game isn’t worth your time, chances are you’ll rarely see us write about it.
- No ratings systems, no numbers, no stars. In our warped and geeky minds, a game is either worth renting, worth buying, or not worth your time, and we’ll give you our informed decision without bias.
- We believe that gaming, AND gaming journalism, is ALL about community. There are no one-sided conversations here. Tell us what’s on your mind, and you’ll see us spring into action.
- For now and into the near future, whatever titles we cover, you can bet we’ve plunked down hard earned cash for them. This is a passionate bunch, and we’re here to stay.
- We like the independents of the gaming world, too…
Thanks for continuing to enjoy Insomnia Radio!