IR: The SoCal Sessions #18 – Les Musiciens de Femmes de Californie Meridionale
This session has a French title although it was probably butchered by the Babel Fish free translator to mean something completely offensive. In a perfect world it should roughly translate to ‘Female Musicians of Southern California’, which equates to ten great tracks of Southern California mainstream rock, indie rock, pop, folk and some blues mixed in to make quite the mixture for today’s session.
Why French? Well, I found a nice little song by Otis Fodder called ‘Nouis Amons Oui’ that you hear somewhere near the beginning that sets the tone. In addition we have a ’20s blues opener by Kansas old-timer Lottie Kimbrough can be found in the free-for-download musicbed in our shownotes.
From China, to Baltimore, New York, Texas and Alabama, we have a nice series of ten diverse songs from some of the best up-and-coming female artists who now call the area home, or have all along. Enjoy and please help support these artists where you can.
1) Beth Thornley – Birmingham | itunes | store
2) Esquimaux – All Winter Long | snocap
3) Jeriko – From Me To You | itunes
4) Brenda Xu – Count to Ten | snocap | cdbaby
5) Kim Kline – Sick Reality | e-music
6) Dakota – In the Bar Tonight | itunes | cdbaby
7) Eloise – Kill You
8 ) Fontaine – The Chemistry Between Us | e-music | cdbaby
9) Heroin Skinny – For You | snocap
10) Samantha Murphy – I Wanna Go Home | e-music | cdbaby
LINKS TO EXPLORE
The Husband (videocast)
Most People Are DJs
Insomnia Radio: Baltimore
Insomnia Radio: Chicago
Insomnia Radio: Detroit
Von Iva (Expo performer)
Lee Coulter (Expo performer)
Podsafe Music Network
Beth Thornley @ Hotel Cafe