IR: SoCal Double Shot w/ Chaser (Adam Freedman / Blue James Band)
Today’s session heralds in the summer with two shots apiece by LA artists “Adam Freedman” as well as the “Blue James Band”.
“Adam Freedman” showcases his indie pop jazz fusion that recounts the genius of the seamless rock-to-jazz-and-back shifts from the early 90’s Nashville band “Clockhammer” (now defunct). He personally compares his sound to a 19 hour drive fueled by waffle house coffee, amongst several other imagination -provoking notations.
The “Blue James Band” came together in SoCal in 2005 and are lead by Clifton Williams. They dabble with a tasty mixture of jazz, funk, reggae, and rock on their debut album ‘Thats That’. Take a listen to the analogously Anthony Kiedis sounding ‘Remember Me’ and the reggae-rock mix on ‘I Can Relate’, then rejoice… for a new album is on the way.
1) Adam Freedman – Summer Lightning | cd | itunes
2) Adam Freedman – Goldfish | cd | itunes
3) Blue James Band – Remember Me | cd | snocap
4) Blue James Band – I Can Relate | cd | snocap
5) *The Samples – Birth of Words (live intro) | e-music
*Bonus track with live IR intro at Hollywood Park 6/22/07