Insomnia Radio #39: Muncie, IndianaHey music junkie! First time here? Click over to http://insomniaradio.net/subscribe/ and get all of our content (tons of music) delivered for free. Enjoy your time here, and keep it loud!
(This episode originally released Friday, October 25th 2005)
Nestled about 50 miles north-east of Indianapolis sits Muncie, Indiana. Semi-conservative, turn of the century gas boom town. Home to Ball State College. But more importantly, it’s home to the Good Beer Show and a small batch of overwhelmingly excellent bands, most under the Standard Recording record label.
Sit back for the next hour with your speakers cranked and enjoy what this little city has to offer us.
And now, the Bands:
- Mantis: Dildozer
- Everything, NOW!: The Ritual
- Everything, NOW!: I Live in a Trailer Park
- Margot & The Nuclear So and So’s: Quiet as a Mouse
- Margot & The Nuclear So and So’s: Jen is Bringing the Drugs
- Pravada: Atlas
- Pravada: Judi
- Thunderhawk: Computer Science Department of Justice Alliance vs. Robots
- Thunderhawk: Castiron Silhouettes
- Jonas: Square
- Jonas: Let it Go
- Mantis: Hangman
- Mantis: Evolver
- Killjoy Confetti: My Lip is Bleeding, But I Am OK
Standard Recording: Home to Margot, Pravada, Killjoy Confetti, and Everything Now!
All the thanks on this one goes out exclusively to Jeffrey T Meyer of The Good Beer show. He shipped me a box of CD’s from local Muncie bands, warned me against listening to Margot, and the rest is history. Hope you all enjoy this, and hopefully I got all my facts straight 🙂 See ya gang.